Joint and muscle pains and inflammations affect more than 80 % of adult population. The most often causes are rheumatic diseases, osteoarthrosis, arthritis, gout, muscle injuries, sport injuries, decreased physical activity, decreased mobility, and, eventually, disability.
When treating such conditions, the most important thing is to relieve pain and inflammation. The use of preparations in the form of tablets or pills is common, but they can cause side-effects, most often in the digestive system (gastritis). The advantage of local use of anti-rheumatics, in the form of cream or gel, is effective pain and inflammation relief with the minimal possibility of side-effects.
Aroma rosmarini gel is especially suitable for use with all mildly and moderately painful conditions, when we want to reduce or avoid the use of oral antirheumatic drug.
Aroma rosmarini gel is recommended for pain and inflammation relief with:
- muscle pains
- contusions and sprains
- sport injuries
- tired legs.
Directions for use: massage into the sore spot several times a day.
Aroma rosmarini gel contains an essential oil blend – AROMOL, consisting of 7 different essential oils. Local application (on the place of inflammation) leads to good absorbance and high concentration of essential oils at the place of action. In addition, hydro-glycerol base facilitates the penetration of essential oils into the sore tissue, thus enabling fast pain relief, owing to the fast effect of essential oil absorbance into the skin.
Essential oils that comprise AROMOL blend have anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain-relieving) and antiseptic action, and are thus sure to help with the following painful inflammatory states:
- joint and muscle stiffness
- joint pains
- contusions and sprains.
AROMOL essential oil blend contains:
- lavender essential oil, Lavandulae aetheroleum, which acts as rubefacient, as well as antiseptic and analgesic. It is most often used at local application in cases of rheumatism, lumbago, muscle and joint pains.
- rosemary essential oil, Rosmarini aetheroleum, improves circulation, so it is used for massage in the case of muscle rheumatism.
- essential oil of (common) juniper berries (Juniper communis, L.) irritates the skin and causes better blood circulation in tissue, hence acting therapeutically in all sorts of joint diseases, because it substantially penetrates the tissue, thus curing even a deeper seat of disease
- other ingredients from the group of irritants – which act on nerve ends causing prickling sensation and stinging; and rubefacients – which dilate blood vessels on the sore spot and speed up blood flow.
Rheumatic disorders include painful conditions related to the locomotor system, i.e. painful conditions connected to joints, bones, muscles and tendons.
People suffering from rheumatic diseases have one thing in common: they all have the same symptoms, namely, pain and limited mobility of the body part affected by rheumatic disease. Rheumatic diseases frequently render everyday activities impossible and are the main cause of disability among persons above the age of 65.
Aroma rosmarini gel can be used as the main therapeutic remedy for pains in muscles or joints or as a help to other forms of therapy (tablets, injections or suppositories). In a nutshell, with all mildly or moderately difficult painful conditions in which we want to decrease or avoid the use or oral form of anti-rheumatic drug.
Rheumatic disorders may be relieved by:
- exercising (stretching and warm-up exercises)
- diet containing fruit, vegetables, low-fat or skim milk and dairy products, whole wheat, fat free meat, poultry and fish
- dry climate
- reduction of excess body weight, which decreases the joint load
- avoiding lengthy seating position in poor sitting posture
- control of metabolism disorders (e.g. diabetes), because they accompany rheumatic diseases most frequently.
Essential oils act beneficially when inhaled, but also when penetrating through undamaged skin. The most frequent way of using essential oils is by massaging them into the tissue, combining positive effects of massage and essential oils. Each preparation has its specific purpose, so Aroma rosmarini gel stimulates circulation, while Aroma Melissa gel not only stimulates the circulation, but has a soothing action as well.